Getting out of the house with a newborn and a toddler is like trying to herd a pack of cats. So far, our attempts to leave the house have gone like this:
1) Start packing the 900 items we need 2 hours in advance of departure.
2) 30 minutes before departure, sit two year old on potty. He ” no have go”.
3) Change baby’s diaper and nurse him.
4) Put baby in carseat.
5) Baby has an explosion in his diaper; change baby.
6) Toddler now pees on carpet while saying “I had an accident; no biggie!”
7) Clean up carpet, change toddler’s clothes.
8) Toddler proclaims ” I’m pooing” which is code for ” I need to go use the potty”.
9) Set toddler on potty; wait for 10 minutes while he does his business. Congratulate him profusely for letting us know he had to go.
10) Clean up potty…
View original post 315 more words